Job Posting: Director of High School Placements
Founded in 1966, Cambridge School Volunteers (CSV) is an independent non-profit organization supporting the academic and personal success of Cambridge public school children. CSV develops programs that match caring and competent adults with students of all needs and levels.
Cambridge Rindge and Latin School
CSV manages several volunteer programs at Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, the city’s public high school: Tutoring Center, College Ready, Science Olympiad, classroom placements, and other volunteer roles. In total, CSV has approximately 200 high school volunteers who collectively donated 17,000 hours of tutoring, mentoring, and college application assistance.
Job Responsibilities and Compensation
The Director will report to the Executive Director and supervise the Tutoring Center Manager, the Science Olympiad Coordinator, and the College Ready Coordinator. The Director of High School Placements oversees the orientation, training, administration, and evaluation of volunteer efforts at CRLS. The Director also supports volunteer recruitment efforts. The Director will oversee an effort to move to electronic record-keeping for tutoring matches and for student wait lists.
This position is part-time, 15 hours per week, during the Cambridge public school year, based in the CSV offices at Cambridge Rindge & Latin School. Salary is commensurate with experience, $20-25/hour.
Start date: Approximately September 1, 2015.
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- Strong organizational and program administration skills.
- Management experience in a high school setting preferred.
- Excellent digital and written communication skills.
- Competency with Word, Excel, Google Docs, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with adults and youth from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- The ability to independently and creatively manage diverse responsibilities in a multi-faceted, expanding educational program.
Cambridge School Volunteers intends to develop a staff that reflects the diversity of the students that we serve. People from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds and sexual orientations are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter by email or mail by July 25 to:
Jennifer Fries, Executive Director
Cambridge School Volunteers
Cambridge, MA 02138